Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Here's my latest knitting finish. I actually made two Bunny Blanket Buddies for my baby granddaughters for Easter. The lavender one apparently hopped away to Alaska before I got a picture of it.  This is a free pattern from Lion Brand, but the yarn I used was Red Heart Buttercup. It was hard to do the facial features with this fluffy yarn, but it's very cuddly.



I made this scarf in 2014 and just kept it in my gift closet. When I was in Alaska, Iris (age 6) liked the scarf pin I was wearing and wanted one. When I found this little heart pin at a recent sewing expo, I thought it would be cute for her so brought it home and contemplated what to make to go with it. Then I discovered the scarf in the gift closet. It's quite small, so I thought it would be perfect with the pin and not too big for a child to wear. I sent them to Iris for Easter. She goes to a private school where their "uniform" is plain colored shirts with no embellishment, so perhaps she will have fun embellishing her plain shirts when she's not in school.

1 comment: