Sunday, July 23, 2017

I started this quilt in 2012. Obviously, it has languished for quite some time. I didn't have a pattern. I just figured it out from a picture I saw somewhere and is comprised of a center square of focus fabric alternating with flying geese blocks. My name for it is "Many Happy Returns", and it will be used at the lake on the hide-a-bed. It is 66"x84" which is more a twin size, but I didn't want a lot of overhang for the hide-a-bed. The focus fabric is Terrain by Kate Spain for Moda. I used practically every scrap of fabric on front, back, and coordinating pillowcases. I did some fairly simple straight outline stitching as well as using one of my machine's decorative stitches. I  used Quilters Dream Cotton *Request batting for this light-weight summer quilt.





I like to knit dishcloths between larger knitting projects. They are great to take on longer car rides and to work on at seminars. I have some friends who like plain white ones so they can put them in a hot, bleach load of laundry. I prefer the colors, but the color washes out pretty fast.


This is an anniversary card for Leslie and Anders who will celebrate 11 years of marriage in August. The chart is Spring Flower Cart from Janlynn.com. The fabric I mounted this on is one of the fabrics used on the tables at the wedding.



Friday, July 7, 2017


I purchased fabric for these pillowcase dresses quite some time ago, anticipating Sonja and Julia getting old enough to wear dresses (walking not crawling), so they will get them when they come later this month. The larger blue one is for Iris who is 8. It has a “design element” at the top ribbon casing, since I had miscalculated and cut the main fabric too short. It’s probably just as well, because I barely had enough of the blue to make the ruffle for the smaller dress. Imagine my thrill at being able to find ribbon with ladybugs on it!


 

Sunday, July 2, 2017

 

Emelie and Matthias celebrate their third wedding anniversary this month. This is the anniversary card I just finished for them. The hydrangea is from Amanda Gregory. She offered it in two colorways (pink and mauve), but of course, I wanted green, because Emelie had a green hydrangea wedding bouquet. I think my change in colors was successful.


 

I just got Gloria’s quilt wrapped up this morning. I found this tutorial on line for the paper flower:

 


 

 

 

and I used my Clover pom pom maker for the flower center.

 

 

And here’s the cross stitch card, a design by Lois Winston.