Sunday, July 23, 2017

I started this quilt in 2012. Obviously, it has languished for quite some time. I didn't have a pattern. I just figured it out from a picture I saw somewhere and is comprised of a center square of focus fabric alternating with flying geese blocks. My name for it is "Many Happy Returns", and it will be used at the lake on the hide-a-bed. It is 66"x84" which is more a twin size, but I didn't want a lot of overhang for the hide-a-bed. The focus fabric is Terrain by Kate Spain for Moda. I used practically every scrap of fabric on front, back, and coordinating pillowcases. I did some fairly simple straight outline stitching as well as using one of my machine's decorative stitches. I  used Quilters Dream Cotton *Request batting for this light-weight summer quilt.




3 comments:

  1. Pretty quilt. The colours really make the quilt pattern stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty fabric. Will sure look nice on the hide away bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty colors in the fabrics. It finished up very beautifully. Love the quilting on it...especially using the decorative stitches. I love to do that on my quilts, too. Have a great week! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete