Sunday, January 22, 2017

Here's a prayer shawl that I just finished. I will save it for a time when a loved one is suffering an illness or tragedy to let them know I am thinking of them and praying for their health/comfort.

 

  • Yarn: Premier Yarns Sweet Roll (Category 4)  3+skeins (I think I will have enough of the 4th skein to knit a herringbone cowl.)

  • Color: Peanut Butter

  • Needles size: 10.5

  • Pattern:  I cast on 74 stitches. It turned out a little narrower than the size I usually make, so next time I would cast on more stitches to make it about 24" wide. I used the one-row scarf pattern and finished the ends with three rows of stockinette and three rows of reverse stockinette, repeated twice. I liked the effect, but next time I might remove a few stitches first as it seemed to stitch out a little wider than the shawl.

 

2 comments:

  1. That is nice colors. Whoever gets it will be very lucky and feel loved with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, DJ. I like the self-striping yarns!

    ReplyDelete