Friday, January 25, 2019

Advent mittens for Valentin



Perhaps the last of the machine embroidery posts for a while, but who really knows …

This is another UFO project from 2018 which I started in July. These are Advent mittens for my grandson, Valentin. He will get one every year for Christmas (#1 on his first Christmas, etc). He was born on December 26th, so he missed out on getting the first one in 2018. In any event, they are all done, so if/when I decide to give them all to him, they are ready. Also, by the time he's 25, I doubt I will still be making these. Who knows how they might turn out if I'm trying to do them at 95 (should I live so long)! LOL

The mittens are an in-the-hoop project and are open at the top to insert small gifts, candy or whatever. They were designed at my request by Tracie Brown of Newfoundapplique.com. (THANK YOU TRACIE!) I had purchased the stockings that I made for Julia from her and sent her an email asking if she had mittens of a similar size. Apparently, she was in the process of designing items for Christmas, so she graciously accommodated my request. With machine embroidery software, I was able to add the numbers and various designs from sets that I purchased from Designs by JuJu plus one or two miscellaneous designs from other sources. I'm so pleased to have these done!
2018
2018



2018



2018 & 19

2019

2019

2019
2019
2019



No comments:

Post a Comment