Monday, January 7, 2019

Pillow covers

I'm beginning the New Year with these pillow covers for Emelie's dinette chairs. I had started them when I was visiting her in December, but didn't have time to finish, so the project came home with me. She's had the focus fabric for a couple of years and finally decided on a project for it. There wasn't enough fabric for the three chairs, so we used a plain fabric for the backs. I put zippers in them which ended up being the easy part. The piping was more difficult. It got better with each one. I used the technique to make the corners look more square without the dog-ear look. It seems to work nicely. Here's a tutorial …

https://www.sailrite.com/How-to-Taper-Pillow-Corners

Emelie sent a text with pictures and said "Beautiful!!!"









No comments:

Post a Comment