Friday, April 6, 2018

On to another sewing project. With my new sewing table looking so beautiful, I was inspired to make covers for my serger and my sewing machine. This cat fabric is some that I made a machine cover with some time ago. That cover doesn't fit my new sewing machine though. I had enough left to make two more covers, and happened to have some fabric in my SABLE that coordinated well. I reviewed several online videos to get my bearings and then plunged in. I first cut some oversized fabric to do some straight line quilting on it. Then, I cut sizes I calculated for the fronts, backs and center pieces. The serger slopes in the front, so fitting that involved some basting, frogging, re-cutting, pinning, re-basting, etc. until I got a fit that I was happy with. The sewing machine cover was much more straight forward. These are such a nice upgrade from the thin, wimpy plastic covers that come with the machines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment