Saturday, December 30, 2017






I didn't get these placemats finished before Christmas, but we were finally able to use them tonight. We are still in the 12 Days of Christmas, so I'm
allowed!  

I made these to go with my Christmas dishes, using a large tablecloth to cut into placemat sizes. It's a polyester blend, so is wrinkle and stain resistant.



The corners were machine embroidered with a poinsettia pattern using gold metallic thread. I used the same thread in the bobbin with water soluble stabilizer, so the placemats are essentially reversible. The napkins are made with the same fabric with a narrow hem.


 



The prototype placemat (1st one I made) I wasn't pleased with, as I had changed colors of thread to use. I ended up painstakingly frogging the wrong color thread and re-stitching it. Therefore, I ended up with 7 placemats and 8 napkins. 


Then I completed the octagon table topper with fabric from my stash. Merwin prefers the side with the blue in it, and I prefer the other side. I made the candle holder many years ago by decoupaging a napkin inside a small vase.


And finally, 8 napkin rings.

 

2 comments:

  1. Cute table topper--would be cute in so many fabrics. Pattern from internet?

    Decoupage you can do so much. Love the set done in poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana ~ No specific pattern for the table topper. I fussy-cut 8 45 degree triangles with one fabric to form the octagon. The other fabric, I just cut one piece in the octagon shape formed by the triangles sewn together.

      Thanks for checking out my blog and for your compliments.

      Delete