Saturday, April 23, 2016

 


This week’s crafters’ forum challenge prompted us to get some projects together for grab and go crafting, whether it be just outside in a lawn chair or on a trip, in the car, at the park, and there’s always the waiting rooms should you find yourself in that situation.
Currently, I’m making yo-yos for future yo-yo animals. This is a great grab-and-go project. I have a box labeled for that purpose which has fabric scraps and patterns. It’s just a shipping box that came in our mail (looks like something Merwin ordered). I liked the size so added it to my box collection, and eventually found a very good use for it.
 
 
I kitted up the supplies needed to make the yo-yos (Clover yo-yo maker, needle, thread, scissors) and put them in a small designer box that I just can’t resist buying at Michael’s when they are on sale. They really come in handy for projects. I just add a fat quarter of fabric for my next set of yo-yos, and I’m off to … wherever … I keep the completed yo-yos in a ziplock bag (aren’t they just the handiest?). I only need to complete 11 more to have enough for the first of two yo-yo animals.
 
Of course I always have a small knitting project to take along, even if it’s just some dish cloths. Yep, that “mindless knitting” comes in very handy. You just can't have enough bags!
 
 
 
 
Then there’s my cross stitch. Since I primarily work on small motifs even if they will eventually combine into one large project, they are very easy to cart along. I just love these ArtBin carrying cases and have even labeled mine with a CCS motif. Recently, I purchased an even smaller case for itty-bitty CCS projects. It conveniently holds my scissors, needles, needle threader, marking/highlighter pens, stitch ripper (hardly ever used … LOL), chart and Aida.
 
 
 I find shoe boxes (from my box collection) or the clear shoe-box size (Iris) containers perfect for my take-along sewing projects. I have another ArtBin tote that contains machine sewing supplies ... scissors, bobbins, seam ripper, rotary cutter, presser feet, etc. specific to my portable machine.
So those are my on-the-go ideas. Now off I go … camping at the end of the week.






1 comment:

  1. Great take-along projects! I need to make a few crafting take-along projects too. I like the mindless-crocheting ones to take along.

    ReplyDelete