Sunday, October 22, 2017

These placemats are from the Take Four Placemats Pattern by Cary Flanagan. My friend Kathy and I went to an Open Sew at a local quilt store and made placemats. We worked with the same pattern but had different fabrics. These placemats use 4 coordinating fat quarters. They are cut into strips, shuffled, and sewn into four different pieces, then they are sub-cut the other direction, shuffled again, and sewn together. You get four placemats with the same pattern and the same fabrics, but the fabrics are in different places in each placemat. I used some fat quarters that I won in a door prize. Kathy had fabrics that she picked out to go with some beautiful dishes she has but doesn't use because she has no placemats to coordinate with them. 


I used some other fabric from my stash to back the placemats and made them reversible.  I outline quilted with silver metallic thread outlining the arches and added a serpentine stitch in the blank white stripes.



Now I would love to find fabric to make coordinating napkins.

2 comments: