Tuesday, June 20, 2017

This quilt is a gift for a friend's mother who is turning 90 years old on July 5th. She doesn't seem to want any special celebration, but I just wanted to make her a quilt. I purchased the print fabrics from the flat fold table at Pacific Fabrics. I wasn't sure what I would be doing with them at the time, but I was glad I had them when the opportunity presented itself. I also had the background fabric in my stash. I don't remember where or why I purchased it. I did have to go back to the flat fold table for the backing and binding.

The pattern is Falling Charms from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. The blocks finish at 7", arranged 7x9, so the quilt size is approximately 42x63. I quilted it with a simple wavy-line machine stitch.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm sure she will appreciate such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics and pattern! She will be so touched by it.

    ReplyDelete