Saturday, May 6, 2017

I made this tissue box cover for a friend. She made valances with this fabric, so it will coordinate nicely with her décor. I will give it to her for her birthday in June.

I used "stiff stuff" laid flat (cross-shaped) for the basic form and my "slice package opener" to score the top edges where I wanted it to fold. Then I adhered the fabric to it and cut away 1/2" from the edges with my pinking shears. As a precaution, I used fray check around the hole where I cut and clipped the fabric for the opening, and also at the corners where I clipped the fabric.  I used glue stick to hold the fabric where I wrapped it. I then top stitched around the outside edges and around the oval opening. Lastly, I hand stitched the sides together. I'm pleased with the result, and I think my friend will like it, too.

2 comments:

  1. I like this. Have seen them with pockets on the side for chapsticks--cough drops or whatever to be kept at hand too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, DJ! Your friend will enjoy having this to coordinate with her valances.

    ReplyDelete