Monday, August 8, 2016

Sonja was born in November of 2015, so she got her first Advent ornament for Christmas, 2015. I didn't have the whole set done at that time, so I continued to work on them through mid-June, 2016, and here they are.


I used cross stitch charts from various sources (internet freebies, charts in magazines and books, and some from small kits I purchased years ago in the $1 bins at Michael's).

The cuffs of the mittens were machine embroidered with holly and the numbers; and I used the blanket stitch on my sewing machine for the edges of the mittens and cuffs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the advent mittens and the number ones too. I really like the santa and snowman. I was trying to find a cute snowman for the CIJ swap ornaments I made. Had to shrink one down. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, DJ! You did such a great job pulling together charts from various sources and then making them all coordinate by turning them into stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say, "mittens"! I am easily confused ...

    ReplyDelete